Sunday, December 6, 2015

RE Electra Nov 2013 UCE 350 Twin Spark 5000 Km Run

This is a follow up of the below review I did much earlier at 150 Km Run.http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Bullet-Electra-review-rumqopqrtr 

So there you have it! Lots of hassle free rides; a mild case of lower back pain and three services/6 months later.am still loving my Bullet Electra. If you paid attention then you'd be wondering why love something that's given me back ache!? i'll come to that in a bit. For now; the Review: 

Running In - From purchase to third service 

Every morning:- 

Before riding the bike; I always, ALWAYS ran the engine on idle with the choke on for 1 min then idled it for 3-4 mins with the choke off. this ensured that the bike was nicely warmed up and ready to go. 

You can rev it a little if you hear a loud CLICK sound or if you feel the engine will stop. But go easy on revving - Just pull the accelerator back a little but not suddenly. 

Once you hear the engine idle sounding a little consistent; you're good to go! 

The petrol: 

I have poured into this beast has always been the best one that Shell has to offer. The engine has always been smooth and responsive and always feels at easy weather am gunning it through traffic or climbing an inclined road. It keeps the engine clean and the pickup and mileage is superb! 

First Service: 

I rode the bike strictly as per the servicing mechanic's instructions. 

Do Not rev the bike suddenly 

Do not go over 55kmph EVER! 

Do not expect even a decent mileage for the first couple of services 

Ride Safe and slowly 

I drove occasionally for 150km stretches on weekends to ensure that the engine was well worn. 

Mileage - 30-35kmpl 

Second service: 

I noticed that the gear ratios had changed a bit and now I could drive upto 55kmph on the 4th gear but then again I was asked to strictly maintain below 60kmph speeds along with the above instrcutions. That I did for a month. 

I went on occasional long rides as usual and for a second or two; I ginned the bike to 70-80kmph then slowly came back to 50-60kmph speeds. The month just before the third service; I began to gun the bike to 90-100kmph for a few soncds then came back. then again gunned to 80kmph for some minutes then came back to 60-70kmph and stayed there for the long rides. 

I did this pattern to ensure that the engine would wear out properly and get used to such speeds early on rather than later. I you feel you want to try the same; upto your choice and wisdom. 

Mileage - 35-41kmpl 

Third service: 

The Mods: 

About a week since I got it serviced. I got the silencer changed to an upswept short bottle one. its given the bike a more 'Bullet' kind of sound and even the thump had improved at lower revs. I wanted this silencer as it looked really cool and different compared to all other straight ones out there. Plus it was not overly loud and noisy. 

I also got the handlebar changed to an Yamaha RD 350 replica as the stock handle bar was little to far for me to reach making me bend a little thus leading to lower back ache. but its much better and I feel very comfortable riding the bike. 

Mileage - yet to check. 

So there you have it folks! My experience so far. Am in love with this bike and its a dream come true for me to finally ride the bull that I so admired since childhood! 

Feel free to ask me questions, I'd love to answer them. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment