Sunday, December 6, 2015

RE Electra 2013 UCE 350 Twin Spark 10000 Km Review

This is a follow up on my previous two reviews below:



And now. here is my 10000 Km run experience!

One word - WOW!

Yup, thats right folks'Wow' is the word I use to summarize my experience thus far with this bike.

Mileage - i've got out of thus far is around the vicinity of 36 KmpL

Maximum speed - I've done till now was 120 KmpH and it did this with ease and after decelerating, it showed no fatigue whatsoever. It sped just as easily as it did earlier.

Post the Warranty period service - I went to different service shop(read not the bullet authorized centers) this time who is known for his handiness with Bullets and got my bull looked after him. I'm very satisfied with how the bike has been behaving post that its smoother than ever!

Engine Oil used - I went for the mineral oil, instead of the synthetic oil. Shell engine Oil was the go this time since I fill my fuel from there itself. Its been very smooth till now and is a joy to ride more than ever!

General Maintenance regimen -

First/Cold Start - I've made it a practice to start and use the choke if the bike has been parked for more than 6-8 hours at a stretch. Post the choke, I idle it for a quick minute then ride on.

Cleaning - I give the bike for a wash with 3M polishing and waxing every 4-5 months. I use chain cleaner and lubricator every 400 or so Kms and more often during the rainy seasons.

Apart from the above points; there have been no issues with the bike whatsoever. To put in points my mantra would be the following:



  1. When the bike is new; Riding fast will the engine screw!


  2. Choke the engine for a cold start; Not doing so will strain the engine's heart!


  3. Clean and lubricate all the necessary parts; Weather, water and dust wont let your bike last!


  4. Its an elephant with power immense; Riding it fast does not make sense!



Hope my insights help those of you considering this amazing piece of engineering.

Best wishes and happy riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment